Friday, February 12, 2016

Two Worlds Colliding

In "The Giver", the main character Jonas lives in this community that has many difference and similarities to our world

SIMILARITIES 

  • Both have rules/laws that need to be followed 
  • Both travel by bike
  • Humans are living in a community 
  • Adopting children 
  • Have families 
DIFFERENCES

  • Very strict rules 
  • Can ONLY travel by bike
  • Assigned a job 
  • Adult at Twelve 
  • Ceremonies for each age
  • Certain things takes away at a certain age
  • Can only get two children (one female and one male) 

Now, if I had to pick one of these worlds to live in, I would stay in my world. I wouldn't want to stay in a world where there are many strict rules and many things that happen in certain ages. I would rather live in a world where we can be free and do what we want. Our world does have laws that we have to follow, but they aren't as strict as the Giver's world. I would enjoy staying in this world rather than being in a world with rules that seem so pointless and stupid. 

No comments:

Post a Comment